I am supposed to be reviewing, but I had a really curious thought come up. I have nothing at all about gay people, I love them equally as much as I would a straight person. I don't care if you are gay and what I am about to say is in no way meant to sound rude in any way so please don't take it that way.
Anyways, back to my thought. Gay people, when they "come out" being gay becomes a big part of who that person is. Some people begin to dress differently, I guess because now people know that they are gay so they feel liberated and feel no need to hide their true style. Not all gay people's style changes, but a good majority does. And I don't mean that straight people's style doesn't ever change because trust me, mine has changed many times, but I just am pointing out that it changes once they come out. Some people begin to walk different (maybe a change in confidence is why, idk, idc I am just saying). Gay people like to represent that they are gay with the rainbow flag or just wearing rainbow colors in general. I am sure there are more ways that being gay becomes a big part of who someone is, but I can't think of any other ways right now.
My thought was why does being gay become such a big part of their life? Straight people don't wear certain colors to represent they are straight and we don't really feel prideful about being straight (atleast I don't). So tell me, why does it become such an overwhelming factor of who you are (if you are gay/lesbian), please tell me because I am actually curious.
Again, I never meant anything in a mean way, I just noticed something which lead to a question that I hope you guys can answer. :)
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment