Shouldn't knowledge come before faith rather than faith before knowledge?
I've noticed that almost anyone who believes in any kind of god had faith before they knew why. They believed blindly. They believed because it felt right or because they grew up in that religion or because they had a desire to believe in something bigger than themselves. Rarely ever do you find that someone studied science, studied nature, studied all religions, before they began to have faith. If any type of god exists shouldn't science, shouldn't math, shouldn't nature, shouldn't data, lead you to see this "fact"? What most religious people do it believe. For absolutely no reason at all. Then there is the small minority who actually research what they believe and why they believe it, but by this time it's a biased outlook on everything because that person has already established faith. If there is some god up there somewhere, then I should be led to him.
The god that I learned about, I quite honestly don't care to know. I learned that god destines some people for sin and for an enterinty to burn in hell.He destines others for "good". I learned that he created a world of sin KNOWING all his people would fall miserably far from perfect and sin. I think it's interesting that god, hating sin, would knowingly create a world or sinners. It genius idea; to create something you HATE and have to stare at what you hate most all day. I learned that god only loves the ones he destined for "good" and everyone else he doesn't care about and he's going to punish you just because he feels like it. I learned you can't choose to do anything because you have been predestined to do everything.
I don't want to know this god. If this is the great god everyone loves so much. He sounds mean and theres not much I can do about anything anyways, right?
I'm writing this mostly because I miss my best friend, Margarita, A LOT. I miss her so much. We understood everything about each other. We understood each other so well we didn't even need words to describe our feelings or thoughts to each other. We just had this really weird, but unique understanding of each other. I miss her a lot. I wish she was here.
Think about things throughly.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First off, well put.
ReplyDeleteThough if god destines some to be sinners yea they're sinners but you dont necessarily go to hell for sinning, its said if you except jesus as your savior then you'll go to heaven, so by making these people sinners, which everyone is, maybe god gave them the choice to except and believe and what not.
Oh, also if he made the world nothing but good people and NO sin, then there would be no such thing as "good", if there is no bad what is good?
yea i understand that you just need to have faith, but according to what i learned god predestines you to have faith or not have faith. if you werent predenstined to become a believe and have faith that jesus christ is your savior then you were predestined to be an unbeliever and tehrefore predestined to go to hell.
ReplyDeletei also dont understand the concept of making something that you hate with a passion knowing you'll have to look at it.
It's not just people of faith who believe blindly. Most people take information for granted, and don't bother to research anything for themselves.
ReplyDeleteBelieving in anything you haven't experienced for yourself is being blind.
Also, Calvinists are craaaaaazy!
yes they are. very.
ReplyDelete