Monday, January 18, 2010

Today I went to a Pro-life silent protest. It was so amazing and encouraging to see young people, old people, black people, white and hispanic people joining all together to fight something horrible that's been taking over the lives of innocent children for about.. 30 years now.




I got there at 9ish with Margarita. We signed in and got handed some red tape that says LIFE on it. The tape was placed over our mouths as we marched like a large army toward the Planned Parenthood Center. The tape covering our mouths represented the thousands of babies who did not have a "choice" and could not speak for themselves. We spoke for them and it was awsome. :)




Everyone lined up around the building, that's 6 stories and 78,000 square feet by the way, and the 2nd largest abortion clinic in the world to date. We all joined together in prayer and in a protest, but in a very calm civilized way. There was no rioting or yelling, it was very calm and actually very quiet (considering we were all praying and had tape over our mouths haha).




It was really a great experience. I can't say that God will destroy the building or.. somehow make it not open, but I know that He can. Everything goes according to His plan, whether that's to shut it down or not, but either way He'll be praised and glorified because He knows the best plan for His people and He knows what to allow and what to not allow.
I hope that our efforts were not in vain and that something WILL happen, but I can only hope and pray. The experience of being a part of this and seeing others who believed what I believed was awsome and I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment